Pre-amputation consultations can reduce anxiety and help patients prepare for scheduled amputation surgeries. Each Westcoast Brace & Limb client requiring post-amputation care has access to a dedicated Specialty Care Coordinator.
The Westcoast Brace & Limb Specialty Care Coordination Team:
- Provides psychosocial support and advocates for each client
- Is responsible for ensuring close communication with clients, physicians, therapists, nurses, case managers, and social workers
- Assists clients in arranging ancillary care and access to social services
- Pro-actively obtains insurance authorizations, required documentation, and handles insurance appeals
Mobile Unit Team
Westcoast Brace & Limb’s Mobile Unit Team offers on-call practitioners and custom equipped vehicles, allowing us to complete complex prosthetic adjustments and repairs for patients who are homebound, in the hospital, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Polk counties.
Patients in need of emergency adjustments or repairs Patients in hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, nursing homes, and any other medical facilities
Our approach to care begins at day one. We provide:
- Pre-fitting consultations
- Amputee Peer Visitations
- Specialty Care Coordination
- Shrinker sock fittings
- Limb protectors
- Early post-operative prosthetic devices
- Initial prosthetic devices
- Preliminary gait training
- Replacement sockets and components
- Definitive prosthetic devices
- High-realism finishing
On-Site Central Fabrication Lab in the Tampa Bay Area
Westcoast Brace & Limb’s custom prosthetic devices are fabricated on-site at our North Tampa Central Fabrication Lab. The quality of our work is unparalleled and our expedited fittings allow patients to quickly get what we they need and get back to life.
We encourage clients to be active participants in our community. That’s why Westcoast Brace & Limb created our amputee support group, Amputees Together of Florida. The group meets monthly in both Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. There is no charge to attend these inspirational monthly meetings, where clients can learn from ‘people who have been there’. Meetings are open to any individual experiencing limb loss, as well as their friends and family members. For more information on the Westcoast Brace & Limb Specialty Care Coordination Team, please call 813-985-5000; to learn about our support group, Amputees Together of Florida, Inc., contact us at www.amputeestogether.org or call 813-989-1818.