Most people lead busy lives, and the last thing they want to think about is how to cope with stairs or avoid a fall. Thankfully the new RHEO KNEE thinks for itself, recognizing and responding immediately to even the subtlest changes in ground surface, speed and direction.
Reliable and safe, the new RHEO KNEE represents modern technology at its best. It continuously adapts itself to a person’s walking style and environment, liberating users to concentrate on what they want to do, not how they need to walk.
What’s more, Össur’s unique bionic technology means this knee never stops learning. As a result, its movements get smoother and more attuned to the individual with every step taken.
It deals well with tight spaces and turns, adjusting instantly to a faster or slower pace. The knee is also surprisingly easy to use. Once it is on and in motion, it barely requires a second thought.
The fast, ultra-smooth movement, when the knee extends forward, feels exceptionally natural. Very secure on stairs, it also contributes to improved gait on level ground. With multiple safeguards incorporated into the design, the new RHEO KNEE is far less likely to give way at crucial moments. Any disturbances in the walking path are recognized automatically and support is activated instantly to protect the user from a potential stumble and fall.
The strong, lightweight design has a streamlined, anatomical shape for easy cosmetic covering.
Who it is for:
- People with good voluntary control of their residual limb.
- Those who are reasonably active*.
- People who weigh up to 275lb / 125kg.
RHEO KNEE® Design
- The world’s first microprocessor knee system to utilize the power of artificial intelligence, the RHEO KNEE remains the most adaptable solution of its kind. It is also surprisingly simple to use.
- The silver gray impact-resistant shell is made of of high-resistance polyurethane, its shape reflecting the anatomy of the human knee and lower leg. A soft pad at the front improves sensation when kneeling.
- Integrated within the design‘s distal end is a Bluetooth® module for wireless communication and setup processes, as well as a rechargeable Li-Ion battery, which provides 24-48 hours of continuous use, dependent on activities. A single-pin port and rotation-independent circular plug make recharging easy, while the tamper proof on/off switch prevents unintentional use of the device.
- Thanks to its low build height (length), the RHEO KNEE can be fitted with a much wider range of prosthetic feet than any other microprocessor knee on the market.
- The newly redesigned RHEO KNEE is an advanced prosthetic device that liberates its users to focus on their chosen activity, instead of having to think about how they are walking.
- New developments in Össur’s proven bionic technology mean that the RHEO KNEE can recognize and respond even better to the most subtle changes in walking speed and terrain. Using sophisticated artificial intelligence, it continuously learns and adapts to an amputee’s walking style and environment.
- As a result, it restores people’s ability to walk naturally, comfortably and confidently at any speed.
- The RHEO KNEE is now available with a female pyramid insert or a Threaded Top adapter ideal for knee disarticulation amputees, those with long transfemoral residual limb or where the low build height is required.
- Strong design – now for use by people weighing up to 275lbs / 125kg.
- Light weight and streamlined, anatomical shape – for easy cosmetic covering.
- Extremely smooth swing extension – for natural, confident, energy-efficient gait.
- Optimum stance support – for unparalleled safety, even for less agile, heavier or compromised users.
- Plug and play design – for fully automated set up and continuous adaptation, ensuring a straightforward experience for CPOs and users alike (includes Bluetooth wireless communication between the knee and PDA).
- Thanks to its limited build height, the RHEO KNEE is fully compatible with the Flex-Foot range. Together they deliver maximum performance and an extraordinarily natural gait experience.
- Available with a threaded top adapter where low build height is required.
- Community and workplace ambulators with the ability or potential for cadence variation and ramp/stair descent.
- Low to moderate impact levels.
- People weighing up to 275lbs / 125kg.
- Knee disarticulation amputees, those with long transfemoral residual limb or where the low build height is required can utilize the RHEO KNEE with Threaded Top adapter.
If you are interested in getting more information about The RHEO KNEE©, please call us at 1-888-552-2555.