Beside You, Every Step Of The Way
Bilateral Below Knee Amputee
We recognize that all patients benefit from care and services that go beyond just fitting them with orthotic or prosthetic devices. For us, that means treating our patients by addressing their needs with an individualized and holistic approach through our Specialty Care Coordinators.
Westcoast is unique in offering this service for our amputee patients as well as those needing custom measured or custom fabricated orthopedic bracing. Our Specialty Care Coordinators are knowledgeable, experienced and passionate about going “above and beyond” to ensure that all of our patients get what they need, when they need it.
Specialty Care Coordinators:
- Make certain that all insurance coverage criteria are met and that the required medical documentation is on record, so our patients’ insurance claims process smoothly;
- Stay in close communication with patients throughout the insurance authorization and fitting process;
- Act as patient advocates and liaisons to a patients’ entire medical team;
- Help patients coordinate appointments;
- Can connect patients with community resources and alternative funding sources;
- Work with patients on designing custom monthly payment arrangements as needed;
- Offer patients with extensive or life-long needs opportunities to meet peers who have ‘been there’, including one-on-one peer visitation, participation in our networking groups, such Amputees Together of Florida, Inc., or involvement in Westcoast’s Ability Sports Clinics.
For Orthopedic Bracing